St. Margaret’s Hostel
St. Margaret's was built in 1874, originally an English missionary convent and had an important humanitarian role for those living in Nazareth until the First World War. During the British Mandate it served as a school and also a facility for those with special needs.
In 1990 it opened as a hostel for pilgrims and is still used for that purpose today. The building and its area are surrounded with walls and have a monumental gate which used to have a watchtower on each side. The gate had a tall stairway leading to the main building. The building’s front has a balcony watching over the historic town center and inside has a cobbled courtyard.